Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So long to our vacaion...or lack there of...






































We made it home....almost 8 hours later! What is with people and driving....some just don't get it! I swear last nights drive made me BONKERS! Slow traffic in Santa Barbara and a screaming, hungry baby just don't mix. Why did we do a road trip...not sure! And dropping you husband off at the airport so he could fly home and work the next morning- the day before you drive home with 2 children is so dumb! What was I thinking?! It may seem like I am so ungreatful for a time away from home-but I'm not...it was just a little tough! Maddy decided that this past weekend was going to be the weekend that she would totally lose all control and be totally difficult. I can almost promise that we scared Mandy and Rob away from having kids for the rest of their lives! Poor Rob-So patient and quiet as he dealt with our 2 screaming kids in the car, out of the car and everywhere inbetween! Not sure what their probelm was-maybe they were out of their element, sleep schedule...not sure but it wasn't normal. I can, however, say that we managed to have fun, too! We stayed with Rob's family....can I just say that they were so kind and generous to have opened their home and lives to Mark, I and our 2 crazy children! Rob's mom cooked such great food and bought Maddy toys for each day that we had an excursion planned so she would not get bored on the drive to our destination. Maddy received a baby doll and named it "taco"! Can you believe it....what a name for a pretty in pink doll! Taco is very special to Maddy! On Saturday we went to San Francisco with all of us and Rob's dad and sister. His sister-Rhianna is way cool! I remember her from when she came down here for Rob's b-day a few months back...she was sort of on the quiet side and I didn't get to know her. But, this time was different. She is way cool! She helped me with maddy and bella as far as keeping them entertained. She's gonna make a great mom some day! She already feels like family...and his dad-Robert was so sweet too! He's like Mark in a sense as he LOVES to talk and have a good time! He took us through San Fran and kept us laughing the whole time. When we came home Mandy Rob and Rhianna took us to "Sanata Row". Boy does Mandy know me all to well! She's all "Court-you'll LOVE this place-It's full of great shopping!" She was sooo right! But, I didn't go too crazy-how can you with a hubby and 2 kids shopping with you!? Anyway...the next day was Monterey and Carmel....it was sort of a long drive (about an hour south) but we made it there and picked up Rob's G-Ma to join all of us for lunch at this tiny little place in the heart of Carmel. It was like we were eating in a little house out in the country in Italy. It was really good! After that we went to The Aquarium....it was soo fun! Maddy loved all the "Finding Nemo Fishies". From there we went back to Rob's G-Ma's house and she had homemade cake and coffee waiting there. Now I see where Rob's mom gets her hospitality and good cooking! Last stop was Mark...getting dropped off in San Jose at the airport. That was hard...I felt like I was dropping him off and that I wouldn't see him for months...although it would be less than 24 hours before we met up again! ;) The trip was great and I am so thankful for family-even those who aren't blood realted!

No comments: