Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Searching for God

So Mark and I are really trying to search for God on a new level. I mean I know that sounds weird...like...well it's not hard to find him..you two! But, I mean really fall in love with He who created us. Mark was raised to know who God was...I wasn't. I'm not saying it's a bad thing because I had a really great up bringing, but as I raise my girls I want them to know God on such an intimate level. And I want the same thing for myself...right now. So...I was searching on myspace (of course) for Shawn McDonald's Music page (he's a Christian Artisit) because I LOVE his music and I stumbled across his Wife-Kate's page (because I saw an adorable picture of a baby as her default.) As I scrolled down her page I saw something called "Engage the Journey 2008". I clicked onto it and read what it was all about. Basically it's reading through the bible chronologically for one whole year. Whoa! I've never done that and to be quite honest it has always totally intimitated me to do such a thing. But I loved her style and I loved how there was conversation about what we as a community have read. So I told my self that I was going to do this..despite any anxiety about it. And I am going to be an example to my girls through the reading I do of my Saviors word. Wish me luck!

No comments: